We wish to recognize Anthony Thomas and Treva Williams as they complete their service as members and officers of MHO’s Board of Directors. Treva joined MHO’s Board in 2018 and Anthony joined in 2019. Their leadership, alongside fellow MHO Board members, helped us to achieve significant regional impact, including:
- Completion of 46 new homes in Weaverville at Lillie Farm Cove, 12 townhomes in Swannanoa, and 6 new USDA Self-Help homes in Enka-Candler (with 6 more underway)
- Completion of Eagle Market Place, East Haven, and Maple Crest, totaling 369 affordable apartments and 8,000 sq ft of commercial and community space
- Rapid response to urgent needs during the COVID-19 pandemic, including food distribution, health and safety supplies, and rental assistance
- Development and implementation of an ambitious five-year Strategic Plan, 2020-2025
- Expansion of MHO's Essential Home Repair program under the Medicaid Healthy Opportunities Pilot initiative, and
- Executive leadership transition after the retirement of MHO’s President and CEO of 30 years
Thank you, Anthony and Treva, for your dedicated service to our MHO Community!