Ed is 71 and lives in Asheville. An oil furnace heated his home, but the chimney was clogged with black soot that was coming down into his house. His furnace wasn’t able to vent, but luckily, the heater shut down every time it was clogged or Ed would have been breathing carbon monoxide that might have killed him. MHO installed a new stainless steel chimney liner and he is now out of danger. Thanks to your donations, MHO’s Emergency Home Repair program was able to repair Ed’s furnace. He won’t have to worry about being cold again!
Bobbie is 75 and lives in Asheville. She had been taking care of her elderly sister for many years and their heat pump stopped working 12 years ago. The only source of heat was unvented gas logs which were insufficient heating for the home. Thanks to your donations, MHO replaced Bobbie’s heat pump and now she can live in a safe, warm home this winter.
No family who qualifies is turned away. But they may wait for funding to become available before we can address their furnace needs. Some furnaces can be repaired for as little as $500; others must be replaced for as much as $5,000. Can you help us meet our goal to raise $50,000 to help 25 families stay warm this winter?
You can make a donation online to the Family-To-Family Furnace Fund here, through Paypal, or mail us your tax-deductible donation so we can put your much-needed dollars to work right away. Thank you for your support and generous help this winter. Together, we can warm hearts and homes!